Note: PortableCarJumpStarters may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site. Learn More
Nobody cares about the batteries in their vehicles until they are dead. The battery is the heart of the vehicle. Imagine it is winter night and you get stranded on the road because the battery of your car has discharged.
You are left in the cold weather with no option except calling someone to help you out. You can easily prevent the situation by having a jump starter in the vehicle.
- What is a car jump starter or battery booster?
- How Jump-starters start your battery?
- Best Portable Jump Starters
- Which Jump-starters to choose from?
- 1. BEATIT QDSP (BP101)
- 2. DBPOWER 800A 18000mAh
- 3. NOCO Genius GB40 12V Lithium Jump Starter
- 4. STANLEY J5C09 JUMPiT – Car Jump Starter with Air Compressor
- 5. Jump-N-Carry JNC660 12V
- 6. NOCO GB20 Genius Boost Sport – Portable Jump Starter For Motorcycles & Cars
- 7. Stanley J309 JUMPiT
- 8. JNCAIR jump starter with air compressor
- 9. DBPOWER G15 2500A 21800mAh
- Bottom Line:
What is a car jump starter or battery booster?
It is the external power source that is used to make a temporary connection to recharge the disabled vehicle’s battery. The external supply of electricity provides the power required to crank the engine, and the vehicle gets started. The method of starting a car or other vehicles with a dead battery is called “Jump starting your car” OR “Jump starting a vehicle”.
How Jump-starters start your battery?
Though it is necessary to have the jump-starting gear on hand especially when you are on long road trips in chilling weather. It is better to get some information about the car batteries and how to jump-start a vehicle when the battery dies.
If the battery of the vehicle does not have enough power to deliver the voltage required the vehicle will not start. Jump-starters give the boost of the power to your battery, and the vehicle starts.
Just remember that the car batteries wear out with the passage of time and extremely hot weather is not good for your car’s battery’s lifespan.
Best Portable Jump Starters
If you are looking for a convenient and best portable car jump starter for your batteries, then the STANLEY FATMAX jump starter is the right choice for you. In case of roadside emergencies, you cannot wait for help to bail out of the trouble.
So you should have the best portable jump starter in your car. No matter you are going on long drives or just heading to the office, having a jump starter in the car will give you peace of mind.
Which Jump-starters to choose from?
With the availability of many jump-starters, you may get confused about what type of jump starters you should buy. We have endeavored to present you with a little information about the jump starters so that you could buy the right one for your car. Let’s see what we have for you in our Best Car Jump Starters Review.
Defibrillate Of Your Car
The ability to jump-start a vehicle without needing another vehicle is extremely valuable. You do not need to worry about anything if the battery of the car goes flat as you’ll have jump starters in your car.
You won’t need to call roadside assistance or your buddy to help you out if you have the best portable jump starter. As it can save you easily.
It’ll be the worst nightmare one can have if your phone battery also goes empty. You need no other cars or anyone to start your vehicle if you have a portable car jump starter in your car.
Jump Starters to power your gadgets
It is needless to describe again and again how important to have jump starters in your glove box compartment.
The best part is… You can charge your laptop, smartphone, and tablet as well using a jump starter. Now you don’t need to be afraid of getting stranded on the road as you’ll have the most needed thing in your car.
There are many options available out there making it difficult for the customers to pick the best. NOCO Genius GB40 stands out to be a portable jump starter but powerful device that delivers up to 7000 joules. NOCO Genius jump starters work efficiently for both gas-powered and diesel-powered engines.
Cool design with perfect features
All jump starters have pros and cons. The best car jump starter for you is obviously the one that gets the job done easily. But, if a jump starter has more features as well, it’ll then make it a unicorn.
The cool thing about today’s jump starters is that you can charge your gadgets like tablets and mobile phones as well. So, you’ll get a portable power bank as well.
12 Volt Jump Starters not only has a cool design but also has the features that take you out of car troubles.
Best car battery booster
Portable jump starters do not take much space in your trunk. They are easy to carry anywhere. There are jump starters in the market that has a USB mobile phone bank too. These jump starters can be used as a battery charger as well. Make sure you buy the one that has a safe design to prevent shock.
Instant car battery jump starters
Some jump starters provide instant battery startup. The Stanley 300 amp jump starter is one of them. It works on the desulfation mechanism. It has a built-in car battery charger to charge the battery at any time. It prevents the choking of batteries and is easy to carry. It has a high power built-in LED flashlight which offers 12 volts. Now starting up your vehicle is not that difficult when the car battery dies.
Powerful Battery Booster OR Battery Charger
For many people traveling means a lot but not all can afford to fly on a plane. So they decide to coop up in a vehicle. But sometimes these road trips make it hard due to vehicles’ or car battery. It can arise at any time in any weather, but more often in cold seasons.
So everyone should be prepared to prevent these issues by picking up a portable jump starter.
Let’s take a look at our picks to help you out on making the final decision.
|BEATIT QDSP (BP101)||Note: QDSP technology
Can jump-start 10L Diesel
|Buy on Amazon|
|DBPOWER 800A 18000mAh||Note: For Diesel, Petrol engines||Buy on Amazon|
|NOCO Genius GB40||Note: Storage Bag
HD Battery Clamps
|Buy on Amazon|
|STANLEY J5C09||Note: With 120 PSI Air Compressors||Buy on Amazon|
|JumpNCarry JNC660||Note: Automatic built-in charger||Buy on Amazon|
|NOCO Genius GB20||Note: Microfiber Storage Bag||Buy on Amazon|
|Stanley J309||Note: Reverse Polarity Alarm LED Indicator & Audible Alarm||Buy on Amazon|
|JNCAIR||Note: 1700 Peak Amps Jump Starter||Buy on Amazon|
|DBPOWER G15 21800mAh||Note: Much higher amplitude
High power capacity
|Buy on Amazon|
1. BEATIT QDSP (BP101)
The Beatit QDSP (BP101) jump starter is one of the compact jump starters that can help you bail out the car troubles. It can charge up to 10.0L gas and 10.0L diesel engines. The product can be used to charge your cellular devices too. Besides the Beatit BP101, the package also includes:
- Wall charger
- Jumper cables
- 24 months warranty card and high-quality hard EVA carry case
- Cigarette lighter cable
- User manual
It jumps starts your vehicle in 1-3 seconds up to 30 times on a single charge. It works with all 12 Volt batteries of car, truck, motorcycle, vans, snowmobiles, ATV, UTV, lawn-mowers, yachts, or high displacement vehicles.
Beatit BP101 Features
- Compact design, having dual USB ports, heavy-duty clamps, and cables.
- Over-charging, over-current, over-voltage protection
- Short circuit, spark and reverse polarity protection
Beatit BP101 Specifications
- Model: BP101
- USB output: 5V/3A (dual USB port)
- Capacity: 21000mAh Power bank
- Batteries: Included 1 Lithium Polymer battery.
- Current: 2200A Peak
- Voltage: 12 Volt
- Wattage: 77.7 Watts
- QDSP Support: Support Latest QDSP (Quick Discharge Start Power) technology
2. DBPOWER 800A 18000mAh
The DBPOWER 800A 18000mAh landed up being one of the new technology jump starters. DBPower manufactures high-quality, great design and reliable products with new technologies.
The DBPower 800A jump starter can jump start up to 7.2L gas and 5.5L diesel engines. It has an LCD screen and a powerful built-in LED flashlight with three modes:
The DBPower 800A provides top-notch performance at an attractive price. It is available in “Black & Red” and “Black & Yellow” variant colors.
DBPOWER 800A Features
- Powerful LED light with three modes
- Three years limited warranty
- 8-in-1 laptop adapters
- Safety features for overload, over-voltage, short-circuit, and over current protection
- Compact design & easy to use
DBPower 800A Specifications
- Brand: DBPower
- Voltage: 12 Volt
- Vehicle type: car, van, truck, boat, and ATV
- Peak Amps: 800 amps
- Other features: 2 USB ports, LED light, LCD, Compass, Power bank
The DBPower is the brand known for its quality products at a good price. Jump-starters have become a necessity these days. So buy the one that is easy to take along in the car and offers top-notch performance as well.
3. NOCO Genius GB40 12V Lithium Jump Starter
The NOCO Genius GB40 is a lithium portable jump starter that delivers 1000 amps of peak power to start a dead car’s battery in seconds. This powerful device can jump start up to 6.0L gas and 3.0L diesel engines. NOCO genius battery jump starter is an excellent choice for the majority of car owners and drivers as it can be used to jump-start your car, Lawnmower engines, and Boats, etc.
You would not need another vehicle to start your car dead battery when you have the NOCO Genius Boost Plus GB40 jump starter.
The device is fueled by 12 volts. On one charge, it jump-starts up to 20 batteries. Like other modern jump starters, you can charge your mobile devices too.
NOCO GB40 Features
- Provides up to 1000Amps to charge a dead battery.
- Patented safety technology, spark-proof connections & reverse polarity protection.
- Can be used for up to 6L gas & 3L diesel engines.
- It can charge your gadgets.
- Built-in LED flashlight with multiple nodes.
- Up to 20 jump-starts on a single charge.
NOCO GB40 Specifications
- Brand: NOCO
- Modal: GB40
- Weight: 2.4 lbs
- Batteries: Lithium Metal batteries (included).
- Current: 1000 Amps
- Voltage: 12 Volts
- Warranty: 1-Year limited warranty
- Bag/Box: Microfiber storage bag
If you are looking for a jump starter that could work efficiently and is durable as well, then the NOCO GB40 is the best choice. It can be used to start different engines and is reliable.
4. STANLEY J5C09 JUMPiT – Car Jump Starter with Air Compressor
With enough power to jump-starting your truck the Stanley J5C09 JUMPiT jump starter eliminates the need for another vehicle. It is a portable device that provides you a convenient way to start a car when the car battery dies.
The Stanley J5C09 JUMPiT jump starter is the ideal device for everyday use or road emergencies. It is easy to use. Attach the clamps of the device to the battery of your car. If you connect the clamps incorrectly, an alarm will alert you so you can switch the clamps.
Stanley J5C09 JUMPiT Features
These are the features that Stanley J5C09 JUMPiT has:
- Metal powder-coated clamps
- High power LED lights that can rotate 270 degrees
- Power & Charge indicators
- USB outlet to charge electronic devices
- Offers 12 Volts
- 120 Volt Built-in AC charger
- DC plug to charge with the DC port of your vehicle
- Reverse polarity alarm
- Easy to use
The built-in charger charges the units with the standard unit household extension cord. The alarm will alert you if you made an improper connection to the battery.
The compressor has a backlit gauge that makes it a perfect choice for people who are looking for a jump starter. You can use the Stanley J5C09 JUMPiT 1000amps jump starter to start batteries of your car, truck, boat, motorcycle, and tractor as well as inflate tires of your vehicles with low pressure.
Stanley J5C09 JUMPiT Specifications
- Brand: Stanley J5C09 JUMPiT
- 12-Volt/USB port: Yes
- Air Compressor: 120 PSI
- DC plug: Yes
- LED light: Yes
- Starting Amps: 500 Amp
- Peak Amps: 1000 Amp
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited Warranty
5. Jump-N-Carry JNC660 12V
In terms of cold-cranking amps, the Jump-N-Carry JNC660 1700 Peak is the second most powerful jump starter. It generates 1700 amps to get a car battery started.
You can also charge your gadgets. The best part is that it is a portable car jump starter that can be used by both households and professionals.
The device is designed to provide as much power as possible to the dead car’s battery to get it started. The battery of JNC660 1700 amps Peak lasts long.
Let’s dive into the features of JNC660 1700 Peak power jump starter:
- It has an overcharge protection limit.
- Comes with 46 inches long heavy-duty cables.
- Its battery will hold a charge for a long time if you are not using the device regularly.
- It comes with a DC outlet that can give power to 12 Volt accessories.
- The device is capable of jump-starting many types of disabled vehicles including marine and industrial vehicles.
- The battery status indicator gauge shows how much power the battery has.
Here is the additional information about the JNC660 1700-Amps of peak power jump starter
- Brand: Jump-N-Carry
- Vehicle type: Truck, Boat, Car, ATV
- Engine type: Petrol/diesel
- Voltage: 12V
- Dimensions: 3 x 14.1 x 5.1 inches
- Weight: 18 lbs
- Cranking Amps: 425
- Peak amps: 1700 amps of peak current.
- Display: Volt gauge
- Cable length: 46 inches
- Warranty: 1 Year
The product comes with a manual too. You can read instructions before jump-starting a battery using JNC660.
6. NOCO GB20 Genius Boost Sport – Portable Jump Starter For Motorcycles & Cars
We have discussed already the NOCO genius’s product. It is always an irritating situation when the car battery dies, and you are in the middle of the road. You must have a device to jump-start your vehicle in an emergency situation. The purpose of this NOCO GB20 jump starter review is to help you find the perfect portable jump starter that can bring any dead battery to life.
NOCO Genius GB20 Features
Here are the features that users get after purchasing the NOCO Genius GB20 jump starter:
- It’s a lightweight jump starter, weighs about 2.4 pounds.
- It’s easy to use. You just need to connect it and it is ready to use.
- It has a sturdy and compact design.
- It has a pretty decent performance.
- It can be used to jump start up to 4L different kinds of vehicles, i.e. trucks, cars, motorcycles, lawnmowers, garden equipment, and ATVs.
- It can also charge your electronic gadgets like smartphones, laptops, tablets, etc.
- It has zero spark technology with reverse polarity protection.
- It has compact and strong heavy-duty precision clamps.
- It has a built-in LED flashlight as well.
NOCO Genius GB20 Specifications
- Brand Name: NOCO
- Modal: GB20
- Battery Type: Lithium
- Amps: 400
- Engine type: petrol
- Extra features: USB port & LED light
- Color: black
It is interesting to know that the GB20 is the direct replacement of NOCO GB30. The device is powerful enough to start large vehicles such as cars and trucks up to 4L engines. It is a mini pocket sized jump starter, designed to start dead batteries of your vehicle safely. The high-density NOCO lithium-ion battery can hold its charge for up to one-year duration.
7. Stanley J309 JUMPiT
Stanley J309 JUMPiT jump starter has loads of features and provides high-end performance. The device comes with a variety of power connections so that you could easily power up all small devices/gadgets. It is a significant jump starter to have in your car trunk. It gives you peace of mind that you will never have the problem to start a dead battery of your car.
Stanley J309 JUMPiT features
Take a glance at the features of the Stanley J309 JUMPiT jump starter and decide if you should buy it:
- The device is designed with durable and tough housing.
- It delivers 600 Peak Amps.
- It delivers 300 amps starting power.
- It is a lightweight jump starter, and you can easily store it in your car.
- It has both 12volts.
- Stanley jump starters have USB ports to charge your electronic devices such as mobile and tablets etc.
- The reverse polarity system warns you if you connect the clamps incorrectly.
- It has high powered LED emergency lights that can rotate 270 degrees.
- The device also has a power indicator.
- Stanley jump starters have metal-coated clamps.
- It also has the Built-in 120V AC charger.
It is the solution to the dead batteries when you are in the middle of nowhere, and the car battery dies.
Stanley J309 JUMPiT Specifications
- Brand: Stanley
- Model: J309
- Contained Battery Type: lead-acid battery
- Power Type: DC
- Clamps: Heavy-duty clamps with jumper cables
- Current: 300 cranking amps
- Body design: Tough housing
- Output: 12V and USB Port outlets
- Peak Current: 600 amps
8. JNCAIR jump starter with air compressor
Jump-N-Carry JNCAIR is a jump starter that is equally popular among professionals and households. It provides 1700 Peak amps staring power that makes it an excellent choice for users who are looking for a jump starter for both large and small vehicles. You should have JNCAIR if you want to:
- Pump up the air in the tires of your car. It has a built-in air pressure gauge and a 12-foot air hose.
- Jump-starting your vehicle.
- Need an emergency power source.
It means owning the JNCAIR jump starter gives you peace of mind. You will never get stuck in a flat tire or a dead battery situation.
We are here to provide an honest review of the portable jump starters. So here are the features of JNCAIR jump-starter:
- The device delivers enough power to get your dead batteries back to life.
- Just connect the built-in AC charger for automatic recharging of the device.
- It has an air compressor to fill the air in your tires when their pressure is low, or any of the tires becomes flat.
- The batteries are designed to be tough.
- The device ensures long cranking power and the charging lasts long.
- It has industrial-grade hot jaw clamps.
- It also has a DC outlet that lets you charge the other devices as well.
- The battery status indicator shows how much charging has left.
- It comes with a one-year limited warranty.
- JNCAIR 1700 Peak has extra-long cables for your convenience.
- Brand name: Jump-N-Carry
- Battery Type: Sealed Lead-Acid Battery
- Cable length: 68-inch jumper cables
- Voltage: 12V
- Peak amps: 1700
- Battery capacity: 22 amp hour
- Indicator display: status gauge
- Charger: 500 mA
- Accessories outlet: 12V DC
- Cable gauge: #4
- Warranty: one year limited
Read the instructions written in the manual carefully before starting jump starters. Connect the jumper cables to the battery carefully.
9. DBPOWER G15 2500A 21800mAh
If you want reliability and power in one package, then the DBPOWER G15 12Volt jump starter + power bank is what you are looking for. It is equipped with advanced features and is used for jump-starting different vehicles. It can start up to 8.0L Gas and 6.5L diesel engines. You can use it to recharge the electronic devices as well.
DBPOWER G15 features
Let’s have a quick look at the specialties of one of unique product in portable car jump starters:
- It’s lightweight (1.35 lb) and reliable.
- It has a fast and smart charging technology.
- It has safety features, like over-charging, over-discharging, over-heating, reverse-charging, reverse-polarity, and short-circuit protection.
- It has an emergency LED flashlight, having 3 modes, i.e. SOS, Lighting, and Strobe.
- It also has a power indicator, USB Ports, User Manual, Jumper Clamps, and Semi-hard Case.
Always make sure that you connect the cables in the right way. Though some jump starters have alarms to warn you if the cables are not connected properly, still you should be careful while using a jump starter. Keep an eye on the power shown on the power indicator.
DBPOWER G15 Jump Starter + Power Bank Specifications
- Brand: DBPOWER
- Model: G15
- Capacity: 21800 mAh
- Indicator Display: LED power indicator
- Protections: Over-heat, over-voltage, over-current, reverse-polarity, etc.
- Weight: 1.35lbs
- USB Outlet : Yes (1 Smart 5V/9V/12V, 5V/2.1A)
- Output DC: 12-16V/10A (1000A, Peak: 2500A)
- In(Out): Type-C 5V/3V
- Operating Temperature Range: -20℃(-4℉) ~ 60℃(140℉)
Jump-starters are devices used to give power to the dead car battery. It is the device that helps you to start a vehicle when the battery of your vehicle dies on the road. It gives you peace of mind while going on camping or long road trips.
The car battery jump starters with air compressors are used to fill the air in the flat tires of your car. Thus, road trips are more fun now because you do not need to fear the dead car battery or flat tires.
Stay tuned to get more useful information about the portable jump starters in our reviews.
I hope our reviews will help you purchase the best jump starters and you will be able to determine what features you want in a jump starter.
Keep it as the manufacturer has described in the manual that comes with the product. Give priority to your safety.
Any battery jump starter you leave in the car will lose most of it’s power in the winter temperatures when you are most likely to need them.
So always keep a couple hand warmers in the jumper case to warm it up to room temperature befor attempting to jump the car.